- Features a Cub Scout, Boy Scout, and female Venturer with an inscription “Continuing the Journey” and the centennial dates 1910-2010.
- Designed by Donna Weaver and engraved by Charles Vickers.
- Features the universal logo of the Boy Scouts of America and the Boy Scout motto “Be Prepared.”
- Engraved by Jim Licaretz.
- The Boy Scouts of America Silver Dollar will be minted in proof and uncirculated qualities. Production will take place at the Philadelphia Mint with coins bearing the “P” mint mark.
- The maximum authorized mintage is 350,000 coins across all product options.
- Stuck in 90% silver and 10% copper composition.
- The price of each coin will include a $10 surcharge distributable to the National Boy Scouts of America Foundation, which will make the funds available to local councils for the extension of scouting to hard to serve areas.
Where to find:
- The Boy Scouts Silver Dollar coins will be sold directly by the United States Mint. Sales will begin on March 23, 2010. Coins will remain on sale until the maximum authorized mintage of 350,000 coins has been sold or a pre-announced date in mid-December 2010.
- From March 23 to April 21, 2010, the coins will be sold under introductory pricing of $33.95 for the uncirculated version and $39.95 for the proof version. After April 21, 2010 regular pricing of $35.95 for uncirculated coins and $43.95 for proof coins will go into effect.